Thread: Autowiring Multiple Implementations into List<Interface> Constructor Parameter

Default Autowiring Multiple Implementations into List<Interface> Constructor Parameter

Hi all,

I would like to have an interface IFoo, with is implemented by two classes: Bar and Bazz. Can I have a third class, Booya, such that:

public Booya(List<IFoo> foos)
    {
    }

is autowired properly with:

<object id="Booya" type="Full.Namespace.Of.Booya" autowire="constructor" />
    <object id="Bar" type="Full.Namespace.Of.Bar" autowire="constructor" />
    <object id="Bazz" type="Full.Namespace.Of.Bazz" autowire="constructor" />

in my XML Spring configuration?

Thanks for your time!

I should probably also mentioned that I've tried this with a fairly "out of the box" Spring.NET installation on a web app. It's giving me the following error, though:

"Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [System.Collections.Generic.List`1[...]]]] : No unique object of type [System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[..]] is defined..."

It isn't too surprising, since it just seems to not be working with the List object properly. I was wondering if there were any alternative methods or helper objects around that might make it work properly.

I don't think autowiring for collections is working in the current spring.net release.

It certainly isn't for dictionaries: https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPRNET-1445