Thread: Proxying an object with a factory method

Default Proxying an object with a factory method

I'd like to apply some interceptors to the Open method of a .NET DbConnection object. Since I'm proxying the object, I was expecting that even the composition-based proxy will still allow me to call the factory methods of IDbConnection, most important of which for my purposes is IDbConnection.CreateCommand. Unfortunately, when I attempt to retrieve the context in my .NET code, I'm confronted by an exception telling me that the proxy doesn't have a CreateCommand method. The message looks something like this:
    Error creating context 'spring.root': Cannot find matching factory method 'CreateCommand on Type [CompositionAopProxy_18aab00c18884dce99c31f25d711df 1b].

To complicate matters further, when I examine typeof(CompositionAopProxy_18aab00c18884dce99c31f2 5d711df1b) in the immediate window, I'm able to call the GetInterfaces method and see that the proxy indeed does implement IDbConnection.

I was able to do something similar using Autofac and Castle DynamicProxy, so I'd be surprised if I couldn't do the same thing in Spring.NET.

Here's the configuration I'm using:
    Code:
                <object id="Factory" factory-method="GetFactory"
                     type="System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories, System.Data">
                    <constructor-arg index="0" value="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
                </object>
                <object id="Connection" 
                        factory-method="CreateConnection"
                        factory-object="Factory"
                        init-method="Open">
                    <property name="ConnectionString"
                              value="server=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;database=MusicCatalog2;integrated security=SSPI"/>
                </object>
                <object id="ProxiedConnection" type="Spring.Aop.Framework.ProxyFactoryObject, Spring.Aop">
                    <property name="TargetName" value="Connection"/>
                    <property name="ProxyInterfaces" value="System.Data.IDbConnection"/>
                </object>

<object id="Command"
                       factory-object="ProxiedConnection"
                       factory-method="CreateCommand">
                    <property name="CommandText" value="SELECT * FROM Composers"/>
                </object>
    And the .NET code is simple:

Code:

var context = ContextRegistry.GetContext();
    var command = context.GetObject("Command") as IDbCommand;
    Any help with getting this to work will be greatly appreciated!

musicologyman

Initial investigation into this suggests that SPRNET doesn't support proxying FactoryObjects as you are attempting to do here. We've opened a JIRA for this https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPRNET-1505 so that you can easily track it and are looking into adding this capability to SPRNET 2.0.

Thanks,
    -Steve B.

Okay. Thanks!

musicologyman