Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fluent Spring configuration

Default Fluent Spring configuration

I thought I saw reference to a spring extension a few months ago to add fluent configuration of the spring container. But now I can only find a small project on Google Code that doesn't look like it's backed by the spring contributors.

Is this something that is on the immediate roadmap? I just spent the better part of a day wading through XML changes as part of a big project upgrade and I'm really wishing we had this so the compiler would do the hard work for me.

I read Mark's post - http://blog.springsource.com/2008/01...configuration/ - and had the impression that this was one of the more hotter areas of development. Is anyone working on this?

Thanks,

-Shane

I'm very intrested. If one has seen the ease of Fluent Nhibernate, you can only hope for this to come to Spring.Net configuration.

Hi,

be assured that we are aware of this and treat SharpConfig as top-prio. Nevertheless we are a bit short of time atm so any helping hand is greatly appreciated!

cheers,
    Erich

Hi Erich,

Will this be a Spring Extensions project? Has any work been done that I can review?

Thanks,

-Shane

*Bump*

Any news on this?

Hi,
    I've implemented a small set of classes to allow us to register object definitions using a fluent interface.

It works really well in our scenarios, and the usage looks something like:

ContextRegistry.GetContext()
    .Fluently()
    .IncludeObjectsFromAssemblyOf<SomeObjectRepository >()
    .Where(t => t.Namespace != "Some.Namespace")
    .NameAs(t => t.Name)
    .AsSingletonWhen(t => t is ISomeInterface)
    .AddType<Repository<SomeObject2>>()
    .Configure();

The idea behind is to use the autowiring but we have the posibility of use XML as well because the new generic context (with these definitions) will be a child of the current context.

The implementation is pretty simple.

What do you guys think? any input will be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Bruno

Hi,

nice job, looks good! I had a very interesting pair programming session with Fabio Maulo from NHibernate right yesterday, who implemented his support for NHibernate Conversation per Business Transaction with Spring.NET. He came up with a very similar approach and plans to further refine it. You guys probably want to have a chat ;-).

Frankly SharpConfig as outlined by Mark Pollack in his blog seems more appealing to me, as the approach resulsts in a much more dense configuration, even less verbose than the fluent approach. Unfortunately this also means more work to implement. But asfaik is Mark already working on it. I will point him to this thread as he might want to comment himself on this.

cheers,
    Erich

Hi,
    Thanks Erich, I will try to speak with Fabio.
    Also if you need a hand implementing some programatic interface let me know, I would like to colaborate with the proyect.
    Thanks
    Bruno

While I wouldn't be good for leading the vision of this, once there is a stable direction I'd be more than willing to put in effort.

Cheers,
    Aeden

Just curious what the direction is on this because I'd be interested in helping out.

Cheers,
    Aeden