Thread: Spring Roo.NET ?

Default Spring Roo.NET ?

Hi there,

Just a thought :

I have been following the Spring Roo concept for quite a while. It is a great concept and I think it would be a good way to promote Spring.NET if it would be ported. It could even be a great platform to do DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing.

So, are there any concrete ideas about this? Is Spring.NET mature enough to do this? What extra projects are needed to achieve this?

kind regards,
    Thijs

There has been some (serious) discussion around this very aspect (Roo for .NET). Would this be something to which you would like to contribute --?

I'm affraid I haven't got enough experience with the Spring.NET codebase to be a valuable contributer.

I would be happily to test though.

Anyhow, I'm convinced that a ROO like experience could blow away the .NET world.

kind regards,
    Thijs.

Thanks -- we'll be glad to keep you in mind when this effort is at the point where we're ready to expose it to early adopters for evaluation/review/testing/other input.

-Steve B.

Thumbs up cool stuff

I really like this idea of RAD frameworks, my diploma project was about RAD, I'm so exited! How can I help? My development expertise consists mostly of .net development, but i've also been exposed to some ruby, python and java

Hello, I'm new to Spring.NET and have just finished my readings on Spring.NET IoC and Spring.NET AOP with tons of practice. I think now I have a pretty good grasp of overall configuring and using these two areas. I've some free time at hand and am willing to help by contributing code. I'd appreciate if you can get me started by assigning tasks in areas that will expose me to the overall framework gradually and systematically. Once I've completed few tasks, I'm sure I can become a productive contributor.