Thread: How can a beginner to learning Spring

Default How can a beginner to learning Spring

I am a junior .net programmer and not be familiar with JAVA and Spring,
    How can I learn Spring.Net and how it used in .net framework?
    should I learn JAVA and Spring on Java first?

does read the following official Documentation is enough?
    http://www.springframework.net/doc-l...tml/index.html

Moreover, the above is a "Reference" not a teaching material,
    does it suitable for beginner?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by fullfill; 10-17-2010 at 04:37 AM.

Hi
    I can only share with you my experience...
    Before approaching Spring I had already read some literature about .net in general, design patterns, test driven development and so on.
    I don't think everything I read was necessary to understand and use Spring but, on the other and, I'm also sure that I appreciated what Spring could do for me not to "re-invent the wheel" on my own ("re-invent the wheel" comes directly from an Italian idiom, but maybe you use it, too )
    Anyhow, about Spring itself I started from the link you posted above which will suggest you to read an appendix regarding the Dependency Injection, if I'm not mistaken, just to give you a general view.
    This forum is then very very useful when you get into trouble or need some help regarding problems neither official docs nor examples (coming with the framework) could help you to solve.
    This is my very personal experience, maybe other users approached this fantastic framework differently.

Hope this comment could help you

Regards,

Lorenzo

Quote Originally Posted by LoreX75 View Post
    Hi
    I can only share with you my experience...
    Before approaching Spring I had already read some literature about .net in general, design patterns, test driven development and so on.
    I don't think everything I read was necessary to understand and use Spring but, on the other and, I'm also sure that I appreciated what Spring could do for me not to "re-invent the wheel" on my own ("re-invent the wheel" comes directly from an Italian idiom, but maybe you use it, too )
    Anyhow, about Spring itself I started from the link you posted above which will suggest you to read an appendix regarding the Dependency Injection, if I'm not mistaken, just to give you a general view.
    This forum is then very very useful when you get into trouble or need some help regarding problems neither official docs nor examples (coming with the framework) could help you to solve.
    This is my very personal experience, maybe other users approached this fantastic framework differently.

Hope this comment could help you

Regards,

Lorenzo
    Oh, these are precious experineces for beginner like me. Your sharing makes me clearer and I think I can get the best if I act like you.
    Thank you much!

LoreX75, accept a genuine "thank-you" from another newbie - I am in the very same situation, only a beginner with ho expertise, and your experience is very valuable for me!
    Last edited by Conrad; 01-20-2012 at 02:41 PM.

I'm also a beginner new to Spring who would like to show some gratitude. LoreX75, thanks so much for the info you provided!

Flac to mp3

Hi guys! Thank you for sharing your experience and everything you've done..it's a big job. I tried to create the same thing myself and something I really could do even now.

Is this the right direction, so keep it up

I'm also a beginner new to Spring who would like to show some gratitude. LoreX75, thanks so much for the info you provided!

To get a deeper understanding of the general concept and patterns related to DI (Dependency Injection), see the Manning book here: http://www.manning.com/seemann/

The SpringFramework, of course, offers much more than just DI, but it is a great place to start and get a solid understanding of the concepts that the SpringFramework is based upon, which is design by composition. Once you feel you have that down, along with Interface-based development, you can take a look at the incredible power of AOP.

I think you'll find getting started and bootstrapping the application domain will be the toughest thing for you, but once you get it, you'll use it for a long time and it will simply become a part of how you write code. After a few years of this approach, you won't know any other way!