Thread: RabbitMQ and WCF

Default RabbitMQ and WCF

Hi,

I have just downloaded RabbitMQ and I have some basic questions.

I have WCF services that must be used to produce informations to Flex/AIR clients. I would like to use RabbitMQ in this application. The best solution for me would be to integrate RabbitMQ with my WCF Services and produce informations to my ActionScript Clients.

1) How can my WCF Service be called when a message reaches a queue in my RabbitMQ Server ???
    2) Using WCF Services is the best way to manage my queues or should I develop a Windows Service ??? I can use my Business Model without using WCF. Which is the best and most popular way to work with C# and RabbitMQ
    3) Do Spring intend to develop an AS3 RabbitMQ client ???

Thanks in advance

Mark Pollack is offline Spring.NET Co-Lead Spring TeamSpring User

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with the options available for Flex/Air/ActionScript. This diagram does list actionscript There is a STOMP gateway that might be useful as well as a product from Kaazing that may help. Send an email to the rabbit mailing list and I'm sure they will be able to better help.

1) How can my WCF Service be called when a message reaches a queue in my RabbitMQ Server ???
    The .NET client you can download from the Rabbit site here has a WCF binding. This will invoke a WCF service when a message is received.
    2) Using WCF Services is the best way to manage my queues or should I develop a Windows Service ??? I can use my Business Model without using WCF. Which is the best and most popular way to work with C# and RabbitMQ
    A management console based on a REST interface in in the works. There is the command line rabbitmqctl. The Spring AMQP project for .NET has some minimal APIs that talk directly to erlang for admin stuff - check that out.

I can use my Business Model without using WCF? Not quite sure what you mean here. You mean business objects that don't have WCF attributes? The Spring AMQP (POCO) model here might be attractive in that case.

I'm not sure there is a 'most popular way'. WCF or RabbitMQ C# API. There is also now Spring.NET's AMQP APIs that are closer to the native RabbitMQ C# API but higher level.

3) Do Spring intend to develop an AS3 RabbitMQ client ???
    I'm not aware of such plans, you can ping the rabbitmq mailing list and get a more authoritative answer.

Cheers,
    Mark

Thanks Mark,

I am working on RabbitMQ and soon I will have to choose the best way to interface with it.